Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Week's Events

I guess this is just mostly for journaling today so it might be pretty boring. We started the past week off with a Labor Day picnic with Sione's family. We got together at Desert Breeze park in Chandler. It's a nice park with a little water park, a train, and a carousel. (I'm pretty sure that Roxxi has some memories of this park- right Roxxi?!) :) While we were there I went to get my camera to take some pictures of the kids. When I turned it on I noticed the entire screen was BUSTED! I was so mad. I don't know what happened to it, but the lens wouldn't open & the screen is totally ruined. So, I'm in the market for a new camera. Anyway, we had a good time & Maizi had a blast. Soakai loved the water too. Just wish I had some pictures to prove it.

On Tuesday, Maizi started preschool at Busy Bee Academy. A friend in our ward teaches it & it's just around the corner from me so it's great. It was so cute. She had her little backpack & everything - once again it would have been great to get a picture of this special day, but whatever. She will go on Tuesdays & Thursdays for a couple hours in the morning. Yeah!!! She seems to really like it & I think it will be good for her to be around other kids.
I am so excited- maybe now I can get a few things done around the house or get some grocery shopping done. So far it hasn't worked out exaclty like I had planned though. I was hoping that for the two hours that she's gone, Soakai would take a nap, but no such luck. Oh well.

On Saturday I spent the day with 2 of my sisters. I woke up kinda early & drove into Chandler where my sisters were having a garage sale so I stayed there til they were done. After that we went to my aunt's house where my cousin was having boutique with tons of cute stuff. I got a few new hair bows for Maizi. They are so cute & naturally she's already broken one. She only had it in her hair for like 2 minutes. That kid is something else! So, after that Roxxi & I went to a couple stores & then to go see about getting pedicures. I've been wanting to get one for so long. I don't think I've had one since I did it for my wedding. LONG time! It's kind of a long story, but bottom line- we didn't get them. We just couldn't really justify spending that much money on getting our toes painted when we could just do them ourselves. One day though, I will break down & go get one. Anyway, I had a lot of fun to have a break & just hang out with them yesterday, especially by ourselves & no crying, whining kids. We should do it more often!

So that 's pretty much all that happened this week. Hopefully I will have a new camera soon so I can post some pictures.

3 comments:

Duncan Family said...

Wow way to wait til the "other" sister goes out of town, and then have a party with out her at her house. Sounds like something is wrong with that picture. And to top it off you send Maizi to preschool somewhere else. I feel the love!!!!!

Wooden Family said...

Britni we need to plan another day out for sure! I miss the hanging out with my sisters time.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

maizi is so cute in her glasses!!! i love it!