Well, it's good to be home!! We were in St. George for a week where Sione & Filipe had the opportunity to do a 3 day seminar/bootcamp. Maizi & I were lucky enough to tag along & use it as an excuse to get out of town. :) We left Soakai here at home with my sister, Kalli & my mom. (Thanks again you guys for taking care of him...it was so nice knowing he was being well cared for.) So I think that little Miss Maizi thought she was pretty special being the "only child" for the week.
Our drive up wasn't too bad- I guess for me & Maizi anyway- Sione was the one who had to do all the driving. We arrived safely & Sione was off to a Meet & Greet at the Community Center where the classes were being held. We joined him a little later in the afternoon. It was so crazy to see all the people there to meet them- they have some amazing fans in Utah.
So, on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday Sione & Filipe were super busy with there seminars.
They would leave about 8 in the morning & they'd come back about 9:30 each night. So, this left lots of time for me & Maizi to drive around and do some shopping & hanging out. Levila (Filipe's wife) and I took the kids swimming the first day. The community center has this really cool indoor/outdoor pool that was lots of fun....I wish we had something like that here. Maizi loved it! I went through one of Sione's workouts one of the days. It was pretty tough- I thought that I had gotten in better shape, but he kicked our butts!! The last day we were there we drove up to Cedar City for the Summer Olympics that they have there. Sione & Filipe were part of the opening ceremonies and got to run the torch. It was so much fun...I would love to go again. They had the best fireworks show I've ever seen. (of course my camera's battery died so I didn't get any pictures) I don't think that Maizi has ever seen fireworks before- she kept saying they were scary. The weather was unbelievable too. I love being able to wear a sweatshirt in the summer. I think I live in the wrong place. :) I'd never been to St. George or Cedar City before & they are beautiful places. We had tons of fun, but it's good to be home and it was so good to see Soakai. We missed him A LOT!! Maizi was so excited to see him when we got home. She had been telling us all week & anyone else that talked to her "Shhhh. My baby is sleeping" I guess she thought he was just at home sleeping all week. :)
We stopped by the St. George Temple....it's beautiful.



4 comments:
looks like you guys had a lot of fun. St. George temple is one of my favorites. It is sooooo white!
Sounds like Sione & Filipe were busy. That's a full days work. I'm glad that you were able to go with him. That area is a lot of fun to visit. It's always nice to get a break from the AZ summer heat.
That looks like so much fun!! That Temple is so pretty!! I love Maizi she's so dang cute!!! Sounds like the weather was prefect! That's like the weather in California, we were just there and it was in the 60's and 70's the whole time. Love It!!! Hey, we should meet up soon and do something, I'll see you at the Circus, Thursday =)
I like that temple. I guess I never realized what it looks like.
Post a Comment