Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Maizi the Ballerina

So, this is kind of late, but I figured it's better late than never....right?!  Maizi took a Tap/Ballet class a couple months ago for a few weeks through the city - I didn't know how she'd do or if she'd like it so it was perfect for her to try out.  Well, I definitely got my answer....she LOVES ballet and wasn't too fond of tap.  She said that tap was too loud & it hurt her ears.  Every week for the tap portion she'd sit down on the floor & cover her ears.  Nice, huh?  I wish I had taken pictures of it, but I'd always forget.  She started to do a little more tap that last couple classes but she was totally into the ballet.  She's still asking me every single day if it's time to go to ballet with her friends.  I'm not sure how long she's going to believe my answer of "not today, another day".  She was so cute to watch dance and I have to admit she does do some nice ballet moves- especially at home where we get to see her routine several times a day. :)  Her last class we got to go in & see everything the girls had learned & I was all ready to video her when it was her turn & naturally we forgot to put a DVD in the recorder.  I was so mad! So, here are the pictures we got.....

 Maizi & her friend Leah
It was her turn to show how they learned to jump with their tap shoes across the floor- this is where the video would have been better. :(



2 comments:

Triumph and Roxxi said...

SOOOOO CUTE, but what is with Siones face in the first pic.
GROUCHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Wish she would of had a recital we could go to

Martinez Family said...

Totally cute!! :) I was planning my comment & as I scrolled down, I saw that Roxxi said the same thing - love Sione's face!! :)