Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PF Chang's Rock N' Roll

We did it!!!  We officially survived this:


After 20 weeks of training we are DONEZO with the running (for a while anyway).  I wasn't too sure if I'd be able to do it and Sione was getting kind of nervous for his 26.2 miles but he did great! I finished with a time of 2:41 and Sione finished in 5:24.  My goal was to finish in 2:30 and I was doing really good & on pace 'til I hit mile 10.  My knee was KILLING me- stupid IT band- I didn't even know what that was until we started training for this thing and the last 2 long runs I did it felt like my knee was going to explode. So, I was praying that it wouldn't do it on the race....it did & it HURT!!  It was a fun race though & so many people. I've never seen so many crazy people who like to run. :)  We had fun & we loved training with Team Chances- they have a great organization and they sure know how to take care of their runners.  

Bright & early (we had to wake up @ 3:45) before the race.  Notice I don't have any after the race because I was too tired to think....we did get our medals & I'm kinda bummed I didn't get a picture of us wearing them when we finished.


Sione spoke at the Expo a couple days before the race with a couple other members of Team Chances.




2 comments:

Triumph and Roxxi said...

You ROCKnROLL Brit and Sione!!!!
I admire you. More than I could do. You guys are total awesome!

salena said...

I'm so proud of you ...13 miles? That is so awesome!