Thursday, May 14, 2009

Biggest Loser Finale!!!

And the winner is.......SIONE FA!!!!! (at least in my book he is)

So, we've made it back from LA where we spent a few days for the finale.  It was a blast.  We had so much fun....they kept Sione pretty busy with photo shoots, tanning, wardrobe fittings, and rehearsals, but we still managed to find some time to have some fun.  I'll try to keep this recap of our trip brief.......

Friday:  We flew into LA- took a 2 hour shuttle ride to the hotel.  Can you believe that....2 hours in traffic to get somewhere that should've taken like 30 minutes.  Gotta love the LA traffic!  We get to the hotel, get settled in a bit & take off to City Walk.  Our hotel was literally right across the street from Universal Studios so it was nice to be walking distance to some fun.  We just hung out and ate (I should clarify...I ate, Sione watched).  Poor thing. :)  After that we headed to the gym to burn some of those calories I ate.

Saturday:   We got up and went to the gym to get a good start for the day.   My brother, Sage and Sione's trainer, Ryan drove up so we met up with them Saturday afternoon.  Sione took us out for a tour of  The Biggest Loser Ranch.  We got to see the newly redecorated kitchen, rooms & the new gym equipment.  It was so weird to be there & see it all in person after watching it on tv for 7 seasons.  It was really cool to be able to see it though after hearing about it from Sione so now I know what he's talking about instead of just imagining it.  Then of course, we were off to the gym AGAIN for Sione's "Last Chance Workout".  I almost wanted to cry for him....Ryan worked him out HARD! It was a looooong night at the gym.  I don't know how Sione has done this---I wouldn't have lasted a week.

Sunday:  Official Weigh-in day.  Sione left early Sunday morning to go to the Dr. office to get all his medical testing done again & to get his official weight for the finale.  Needless to say as soon as he got back we went to  EAT!!  Sione & Filipe chose Bubba Gump's to be their first meal....I guess that was one of their last meals before all of this started so they wanted to go back.  We just kind of hung out Sunday & enjoyed having a stress free day- no gym, no counting calories.  Later that night we got to meet a lot of the past seasons contestants at the hotel lounge and hang out with Season 7 contestants.   It was fun to meet all the people that Sione spent so much time with while he was gone since I've heard so much about them.

Monday:   Monday was a busy day for Sione.  He had to be at the studio for dress rehearsal pretty much all day so I went to they gym with Levila (filipe's wife) and then we sat down by the pool with Sage & Ryan.  We went shopping & killed time until Sione got back that evening. Later that night we met up with Sione's family who had driven up and we went to dinner.  We got back to the hotel & hung out in the lounge and got to talk to some BL friends.  

Tuesday:  The BIG day had finally arrived!!!  Sione had to leave pretty early Tuesday morning to get to the studio to get ready for the show.  Kalli & Roxxi drove up early early that morning so I got ready and Sage, Ryan, Kalli & Roxxi picked me up at the hotel & we were off to the show. Had I known that we would be standing outside by some random parking structure for 2 hours I don't think that I would have gotten ready so early.  We looked like a bunch of cattle standing out there all smooshed together.  Anyway we finally get seated in the studio (way smaller than  it looks on tv) and anxiously await the start of the show.  I was so dang nervous- I don't even know why.  The show was SO much fun!!! It was a little long but still totally fun.  Didn't Sione look HOT?!?!  I thought they did a great job & of course loved the Haka.  I had no idea they were going to be doing that....nice surprise & it got the whole audience going.  Bob kept pretending to do it too- I don't think they showed that on tv, but they should have- it was really funny.  And yes....I FINALLY got to meet BOB!!!!  He is the nicest guy.  I was bummed Sione didn't win the $100,000.  Everyone kept saying that Sione looked the best out of everyone & that he for sure won, but I'm so happy that it went to Jerry.  He deserved it.  I wish I could say the same for Helen.  I'm sorry but I thought that she looked awful.  I mean she did lose a ton of weight & I'm happy for her for doing that, but I think she got too skinny. It made her look old.  I thought that everyone else looked really good- I think that was one of the closest competitions that the show has ever had.  After the show everyone went back to the hotel for an "After Party".  It was so fun to walk around taking pictures with all of them and talking to them.  We didn't go to bed that night until 3:30 am.   I don't think that I've stayed up that late for like 5 years.  I know why now too....I was like the walking dead the next day.  We had to be up at 6:00 am to get to the airport for our flight home.  That was not fun.  It was such a fun trip and this whole experience has been great, a little crazy, but GREAT! 

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

We were bummed Sione didn't get it - he and Filipe both looked so great! But you're right Jerry did awesome! He totally deserved it! I am so jealous - all those fun tours of the ranch and getting to meet Bob! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Matt and Katelyn said...

SOO FUN! It was fun to see them on TV. They look great. Love and miss you! Hope to see you soon:)

Amy said...

I was bummed that Sione didn't win the at home prize. He looked healthy and toned. He is a winner to so many. I'm glad that the at home prize didn't go to some of the other contestants that I didn't particularly care for their characters.

Thank you for sharing your adventure. It has been so inspiring to watch all the transformations and to personally know of the lives that are forever changed.

I hope the transition back to the daily rut goes well.

Congratulations to both Sione & Filipe! You guys are amazing!

Amy said...

I read some crazy article this week of the "real" rift between Jillian and Filipe. It said that he accused her of dopping her team. The article went on to say that he denies the remarks, but Jillian claims that he did make them and they had to do a whole investigation. Do you know anything about this?